All OPTIMA Batteries are AGM (also known as Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries, but the question consumers often ask is, 'How many years do AGM batteries last?' That's a valid question, considering AGM batteries typically cost significantly more than their flooded counterparts. Unfortunately, the answer isn't an easy one to provide, because there are a variety of factors that impact how long an AGM battery can last and not all AGM batteries are the same. For some, the answer could be several more months, for others, the answer could be several more years. Here's why-
Varta Agm 100ah
- Varta A1 Promotive AGM Commercial Battery. Varta D24 Blue Dynamic Car Battery: Type 027. Rated 5.00 out of 5.
- Jun 28, 2018 AGM batteries primarily utilize their high performance in combination with start-stop technology. However, the strengths of an AGM battery can also be used even if there is no start-stop system on board: This technology provides larger power reserves, from which conventional vehicles can also benefit, e.g. Due to a longer service life of the battery.
Varta Agm Car Battery
- OPTIMA AGM batteries use pure lead in their construction, which performs better and lasts longer than the recycled lead used in many batteries today, both flooded and AGM. The cast lead straps that connect the cells of an OPTIMA battery also work better and last longer than the weaker inter-cell welds found on many car batteries.
- In addition to the quality of materials used in the construction of OPTIMA AGM batteries, the climate in which any AGM battery is used can also have a significant impact on how long they last. Extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, tend to be harder on AGM car batteries than more mild temperatures. That means batteries in Alaska or Alabama may not last as long as batteries in San Diego.
- The applications in which AGM batteries are used can also have an impact on how long AGM batteries last. Many new vehicles use 'Start/Stop' technology, which acts similarly to a gas-powered golf cart. When you come to a complete stop, the engine shuts off. When you press on the accelerator, the engine starts up again. That means the batteries used in these Start/Stop vehicles could typically start the engine thousands of times more over the life of a battery, than a vehicle that just leaves the engine running the entire time the vehicle is in use. Manufacturers know these Start/Stop vehicles will be much harder on batteries, so many now choose to equip their vehicles with AGM batteries from the factory, which can handle these conditions much better than a flooded battery.
- A vehicle that gets driven on a 20-mile commute at 45 mph every day of the year won't be as hard on a battery as a vehicle that sits most of the year and only sees occasional use. When battery voltage is properly-maintained, batteries tend to last longer. When batteries sit in a partially-discharged state for extended periods of time, batteries tend not to last as long and that's true for both flooded and AGM batteries
With those factors in mind, we typically can't offer a specific number of years as an answer to the question of how long an AGM battery might last, because every application is different. We can generally say an AGM battery can last two to three times as long as a flooded battery. In the commuter car example we referenced, if a flooded battery lasts three to five years, an AGM battery could last six to ten years or longer. In a high-vibration commercial application, a typical flooded battery may only last a few weeks, where an OPTIMA AGM battery could last several months.
The key to maximizing battery performance and lifespan is keeping the voltage in your battery properly-maintained with a quality battery maintenance device. If you need help finding the right AGM battery for your vehicle, click here.
Varta Agm Ladespannung
Varta Agm 80
In 1983, Yuasa pioneered the first motorcycle maintenance-free Absorbent Glas Mat (AGM) batteries with the YT series. Football manager 21 ps4. In 1988, the YTX series was introduced and ever since then, Yuasa AGM batteries have been seen as the industry de-facto standard in the global powersports battery market.